Friday, June 17, 2011

I Ran Away to Palm Springs

No, I literally did. John and I desperately needed a relaxing weekend outside of smoggy, traffic filled Los Angeles. Even though we live at the base of the Hollywood Hills where it is quiet and tranquil, it does not excuse us from the insanity that "is" Hollywood right below us. It has been raining here for weeks and we had had enough! This is not why I moved to LA! Where is my sunshine? Feeling awkwardly pale with my new blonde hair, I thought I had the best chance of soaking up a quick tan in the desert.  Napa was our first option and we had originally booked a hotel room there. Wine all weekend? Duh. But once we realized these irritating storms were also happening up in Napa, I quickly changed our reservations to Le Parker Meridien Palm Springs. Several people had highly recommended this stunning hotel and spa to me, so I was very curious to go check it out! Our closest friends Alfy and Jenna soon caught word of our travel plans and decided to pop out and meet us there. Our stay turned into a magical relaxing weekend with loads of gourmet food, champagne, hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, and delicious down comforters. Just a few of my favorite things!  Here below are some of our memories captured with my new baby Canon that John gave me for my birthday (obsessed). I think I''ll keep him and the camera. Hope you're all well loves!

x. juliana

My new child.
 The road trip begins. I have my navigation set and we have mixes made! Time to sing like idiots in the car. I live for it!
 We've reached Palm Springs! This is the closest we get to snow here. Ha!
 Love.
 I love this photo. There is something so rural 40's western cowboy about it.
 Finally in our room! I never want to get out of this bed. 
 Pelly anyone?
 Our breakfast right after we arrive. Mimosa, Bloody Mary and little smoothie shots. I was happy.




 On our way back through the maze of gardens after breakfast, John and I stumbled on a lawn with hammocks. We were content and full, so we decided to snuggle up and swing for a while.
 Spinning around in fresh cut grass feels so good!
 Batman.
 Outfit Details: San Diego Hat Company Hat, Luella Sunglasses, Rachel Pally Cardigan, Wildfox "Girly Girl" Tank, Hanky Panky Bralette,  Riller and Fount Drop Harem Pants, LD Tuttle Crochet Boots, Various Noir, Shashi and Chanel Jewelry.
 Time for dinner.


 Outfit Details: Marc by Marc Jacobs Sweater, Ai for Ai Silk Blouse, Marithe and Francois Girbaud Jeans, Shashi and Presh stacked Bracelets, LD Tuttle Boots, Chanel Handbag.
 Lobby of The Parker. I want that Drugs sign in my apartment. How amazing is it?
 At the lemonade stand bright and early the next morning. Of course we got lemonade with champagne in it. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do. It was delicious!
 Adore him.
 Outfit Details: Fluer Wood Striped Silk Romper, Cazal Sunglasses, Marc Bernstein Leather and Mesh Gold Wrap Bracelet.
 Pretending to know how to play chess with Jenna. 
 My love + my stack of magazines + pool + sunshine = perfection!
I want to go back now.

37 comments:

  1. You are sooooo pretty on picture 17! Love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks so much darling. It's easy- just braid your hair wet- sleep in it- and take it out the next day. ;)

    xoxoxo. much love. -juliana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hint from heloise. Those ankle boots make you look stumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & help other users like its helped me. Good job.

    Here is my homepage :: Sidney Crosby Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello to all, for the reason that I am actually keen of reading this webpage's post to be updated on a regular basis. It contains nice information.

    My webpage: cheap jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very attention-grabbing, You're an excessively skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and sit up for searching for more of your wonderful
    post. Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks

    My web blog - Wholesale NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice replies in return of this matter with genuine arguments and explaining all concerning that.


    Look at my website Wholesale NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am no longer certain the place you are getting your
    information, however great topic. I must spend a while studying much more or working out more.
    Thank you for wonderful info I was in search of this information for my mission.


    Also visit my site :: NFL Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me.
    Thanks a lot!

    my blog: Wholesale Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop,
    just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she
    has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic
    but I had to share it with someone!

    Stop by my web site Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to
    generate a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and don't manage to get anything done.

    My weblog - Nike Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's remarkable to visit this web page and reading the views of all friends regarding this article, while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.

    My web-site: Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for baronet

    Look at my web blog Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remarkable! Its actually remarkable piece of writing, I have
    got much clear idea concerning from this piece of writing.

    My web-site; Michael Kors Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from
    an established blog. Is it tough to set up your own blog?
    I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any points or suggestions? Thank you

    Check out my weblog - Louis Vuitton Purses

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good day I am so delighted I found your webpage,
    I really found you by accident, while I was browsing on Google for something else, Regardless I am here now
    and would just like to say thanks for a tremendous post
    and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I
    don't have time to browse it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

    Here is my web page ... Chaussure De Foot

    ReplyDelete
  17. Paragraph writing is also a excitement, if you be familiar with then you can write or else it is complex to write.



    my website Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes! Finally someone writes about quack.

    Feel free to surf to my site - Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your
    further post thanks once again.

    Here is my web page :: Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  20. Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to
    be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly
    get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly do not know about.

    You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole
    thing without having side effect , people could take a signal.
    Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

    Also visit my weblog ... www.tedxyse.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written
    article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.


    Feel free to surf to my web blog Clicking Here

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you
    make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?

    Plz reply as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. kudos

    Look at my web page ... Cheap Oakley Sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

    My web blog; Sac a main Guess

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's genuinely very complicated in this active life to listen news on TV, thus I simply use web for that purpose, and get the most recent information.

    my site; Authentic Evgeni Malkin Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, I log on to your blogs like every week.
    Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!

    Feel free to visit my site: Chaussure Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Right away I am going to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast coming again
    to read additional news.

    Also visit my web blog - Cheap NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello friends, how is the whole thing, and what you would like to
    say concerning this article, in my view its truly awesome in favor of
    me.

    Also visit my blog post: Sac Louis Vuitton

    ReplyDelete
  28. What's up, I read your new stuff daily. Your story-telling style is witty, keep up the good work!

    Feel free to visit my page ... visit this link

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog web
    site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea

    my blog: Abercrombie France

    ReplyDelete
  30. Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of information on your page.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I will definitely digg
    it and for my part recommend to my friends. I'm sure they will be benefited from this website.

    Also visit my web blog: Nike Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  31. Can I simply say what a relief to find someone that genuinely knows what they're discussing on the web. You certainly realize how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More people should look at this and understand this side of the story. I was surprised that you are not more popular because you certainly possess the gift.

    Look into my weblog; Michael Kors

    ReplyDelete
  32. Why users still use to read news papers when in this
    technological world the whole thing is existing on net?

    Also visit my blog post: Boutique Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  33. Useful information. Lucky me I found your site unintentionally, and I am shocked why this twist of
    fate did not happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

    Look into my web-site: New Kobe Bryant Shoes []

    ReplyDelete
  34. What i do not realize is in truth how you're now not really much more neatly-preferred than you may be right now. You are so intelligent. You already know thus significantly in relation to this subject, produced me personally imagine it from a lot of varied angles. Its like women and men don't seem to be involved except it is something to accomplish with
    Lady gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. All the time take
    care of it up!

    Check out my web page Boutique Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete