Monday, July 25, 2011

"BLOGGER OF THE MONTH": Jamie-Lee from Page Sixxx

Happy Monday, loves. I have some exciting news for you all!  I have come up with a delicious new idea! As of today, I am now going to feature one blog each month as Moonstruck Exposé's "BLOGGER OF THE MONTH"! This feature will include a 15 question personal fashion interview and several personal style photos. The most incredible thing to me about blogging is that we can come from all over the world, and form a tight community and readership sharing the same love... FASHION. I thought this could be a fantastic way to boost our community even more and allow us to have a sneak peak into the personal lives of some of my favorite bloggers from around the globe.


 Moonstruck Exposé's "BLOGGER OF THE MONTH" for July really does live clear across the world from me! I have been following Jamie-Lee from Page Sixxx for two years now. Her rare ability to wear and mix some of my favorite designers has always drawn me in and caught my eye. Several of my favorite designers are out of New Zealand and Australia, so naturally I have some serious wardrobe envy every time I check out Jamie-Lee's outfit posts! I adore that she always keeps her ensembles ladylike and classic! She has such a timeless style esthetic yet has a unique young vibe that keeps her outfits fresh and unpredictable. I just had to make Jamie-Lee my first "BLOGGER OF THE MONTH" because I think she has one of the most genuine, versatile, original, and cutting edge blogs out there. If you haven't already been stalking Page Sixxx, hop on board! It will immediately become one of your daily reads!


x.juliana


My interview with Jamie-Lee from Page Sixxx-

1. Where do you live? 

Wellington, New Zealand

2. When did you first become interested in fashion? 

I think I was always vaguely interested in it, although any mention of the trends I followed when I was younger makes me cringe! I started getting into reading fashion magazines when I was about 17-18 and it grew from there.

3. What made you decide to start a fashion blog? 

Over the years I've had a few, although pagesixxx has been the only one which has really stuck - blogging has been something which I've done from the age of 13 and since I love fashion, it was only natural that I start a fashion blog - it's almost a way to track how my style has evolved (or how I have grown into it), and a place where I can share my thoughts about fashion for like minded individuals to read, and often, contribute their own thoughts.

4. Can you describe your personal style in 5 words? 

Slightly preppy, girly and polished (I think! I am terrible at definining my own, or anyone's style - it's almost cliche to a point).

5. What are your top 3 favorite vacation spots and what can you not travel without? 

There's way too many places, but I would have to say Paris, Prague, and anywhere in Greece. As for what I can't travel without.. some kind of sweet treats! I'm not a fan of plane food so I always have to bring something with me.

6. Do you have a most treasured item out of your wardrobe? If you can't choose, you can pick a few! 


This answer is always the same - it's my Lover anita lace dress. It has the most incredible lace bat wing sleeves!

7. What are some of your favorite fashion designers?

 Lover, Karen Walker, Shakuhachi, Sretsis, Alexander Wang, Stella McCartney, Acne and Carven to name a few.

8. What are you most inspired by? 

Where inspiration comes from is always so hard to pinpoint I find, it could be from a combination of colours I've seen in a floral display, or more commonly just from people I see on the street, in magazines or of course, on blogs. The proliferation of style images on the internet makes it easy to save favourite looks and then interpret them in your own way.

9. What 3 trends do you love most this season? 

I've been loving neons, mixed patterns and lots of lace.

10. If you could splurge on one item right now, what would it be?

 Easy. A Proenza Schouler PS11 satchel in the brown leather - or a Celine classic box bag, both are the ideal size, although the PS11 has the most beautiful hardware. Obsessed, clearly.

11. Do you have any fashion icons?

 I always love poring over old images of Audrey Hepburn as I love her classic style. I also love the laidback style of Alexa Chung, Kate Bosworth and Rachel Bilson - wish I could seem so effortless!

12. I have to ask, your Karen Walker collection is pretty extensive... does she have a secret underground showroom in your basement? Ha, I want in! How on earth do you source all of her amazing pieces? 

Haha, well I'm pretty lucky that in Wellington we have a flagship store, which, unfortunately for my bank account, I tend to visit often. I've also been buying from there for the past... seven or eight years so I've managed to put together quite a collection.

13. If you could snap your fingers and have your dream job, what would it be? 

My interests are pretty broad, and go from running and producing a fashion show at one end of the scale to working as a war photographer at the other.

14. What do you think was the worst trend of all time? 

This is a hard one, as you could rule something out now and end up wearing it a year later. I'm not sure if this was New Zealand only that was hit with this blunder, but when I was in school it was all the rage to wear a short sleeve top, which was a more fitted version of a men's rugby jersey in bright colours with wide horizontal stripes. Not only were the colours an eye-sore, they were the most universally unflattering garment.

15. If you could spend a day with anyone in the fashion industry, who would it be? 

Most probably Anna Della Russo - she embodies fashion.


Thanks so much for the interview, darling! I adore all of your responses! 


Jamie-Lee's Personal Style:


 Jamie-Lee's favorite garment, her Lover Lace dress she mentioned in her interview. I agree, the sleeves are utterly stunning!


Outfit Details: American Apparel blouse, Karen Walker skirt, Miu Miu shoes. I love how she ties this whole outfit up into perfection with that killer belt. I adore how crisp and fresh this looks! 
 Outfit Details: American Apparel top; Glassons skirt; Camilla & Marc leather jacket; Chloe heels; Karen Walker belt; YSL & Meadowlark rings. This was one of my all time favorite outfit posts. That is saying a lot because she has a zillion and they're all killer. I literally gasped when I saw this jacket. I am so in love with the construction of it and as you all know I am a leather fiend. 
Outfit Details: Lover blouse, J. Crew skirt, Acne cardigan, Chloe heels, Triwa watch, Topshop bracelet, Esty, Meadowlark & KW rings. Her J. Crew skirt paired with an Acne cardigan? Aghhh! Jamie-Lee's ability to pair low end and high end together is exquisite! This is such an amazing ensemble. 
One of my FAVORITE Karen Walker dresses of Jamie-Lee's! Ugh, I would live in this! So sweet, right?! And how gorgeous does she look in that first shot? 
Dress and Boots from Shakuhachi (one of her favorite designers). Yes, those boots are bad ass. I would have snatched em' up too... no matter the cost!
 
A lil' sneak into Jamie-Lee's wardrobe. Details: Prada Black Heels, La Dama and Cheap Monday Rings.
 Outfit Details, Asos Blazer, Topshop faux leather leggings, Marc Jacobs Heels. No words. Jamie-Lee's Red Marc Jacobs Heels add a unique edge and spunk to any outfit. These are one of my favorite pairs out of her insanely amazing shoe collection!
 
Outfit Details: Glassons blouse, Sretsis skirt, Miu Miu heels, Meadowlark and other ring from Paris, Karen Walker sunglasses. One of the biggest things Jamie-Lee and I have in common is our obsession with the clothing line, Stretsis. This skirt blew me awaaaaay when I first saw it. The background just makes her outfit look even more magical. Who is ready to hop on plane to New Zealand with me? I mean how gorgeous is it there, right? I truly love the way she has paired this light lavendar Glassons blouse with the coral colored Sretsis skirt. Who thinks to do that? Only Jamie-Lee. :) 

Well, loves. There you go. Moonstruck Exposé's first "BLOGGER OF THE MONTH".  Hope you've enjoyed my interview and style photos with the gorgeous Jamie-Lee of Page Sixxx. Xoxoxo.

Follow Page Sixxx on Google Friend Connect
Give Jamie-Lee some love on Bloglovin'
Keep up with Jamie-Lee on Twitter

77 comments:

  1. Wow they are some amazing outfits and some amazing pieces! I love the American Apparel lace top, the Karen Walker pink dress and the gorgeous red heels! Thanks for this xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that white top and the belt is killer. You are right on.

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.com
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool feature! I like it. She's lucky she didnt reveal her address cause I want to break into her home and steal her Prada heels. Kidding of course.

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a feature :D i love the first photo, those sleeves!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature and totally inspirational.
    Thanks for this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. she has such a great style! love her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an awesome idea! Love her Prada heels. Now you've given me another blogger to follow. Thanks!

    www.raesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of her shoes are amazing !! Ahh love them.

    xxLily
    goldandgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this feature... and I officially love Jamie-Lee! Can't wait to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's adorable! She has an awesome blog too. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea for a monthly post!
    I actually just came across her blog today, before I even saw this. hah She has lovely style.

    xox Courtney Michele
    Breakfast in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love love love her style! great post/interview! i really like your blog-i am now following you, and i would love for you to follow me back! :)

    thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous feature on Jamie - I'll definitely be checking her out right now, can't believe she lives in NZ too! :D

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    P.S. Time is running out to enter my giveaway where you could win a $75 Shopbop voucher!
    Enter here:

    http://aprilialove.com/2011/07/win-a-75-shopbop-voucher/

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh she looks awesome
    thanks for sharing!

    ceeharvey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Jaimie feature - she has such a unique sense of style. Those red Marc Jacobs shoes are just what the doctor ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's pretty and you had a really good idea, I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome interview & I love every single ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohh I follow her blog and she def has really cute style!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great interview. I have been following her and her ensembles never cease to amaze me. She has impeccable taste in brands and has such a lovely aesthetic. great choice for this month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! She has such great style, and an amazing shoe collection!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great profile on her! Her sense of style is amazing.

    idreaminsequins.blogspot.com♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. great feature. she looks adorable with great style.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh gosh, your banner! I LOVE IT!

    www.loretta-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such an amazing collection of shoes, jewelry, hell just everything. And I envy the fact that she lives in New Zealand. She's simply great.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi thats a great interview~~ :) I love her red shoes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. pretty look! i love your style and your outfits ;)
    anyway check mine if you have a chance sweety

    ReplyDelete
  27. she's got such great style, very femenine and romantic, and she has thos Prada shoes... so envy :) Great post!
    xx
    My Fashion Bug

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous interview! I've always adored her elegant and beautiful sense of style. I enjoyed learning more about her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, her wardrobe is to die for! Those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. nice:)

    http://shu84.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Really cool blog! :-))
    Signe, http://vores-garderobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey! I just found your blog and it is amazing!

    I am following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!

    xoxo,
    MissAnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  33. She has some real knockout pieces I would covet for my own wardrobe, but what's even better sounds like an awesome laid back Kiwi!


    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    totally seeing red

    ReplyDelete
  34. My closet feels so empty after seeing her amazing collection! Lol. Thanks for this! Will be checking her blog!

    And thanks again for your sweet comment, makes me strive to post more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your blog!!!
    I enjoy seeing other blogger's styles & photos.
    What a fabulous wardrobe!!! Love all the various designers shown- Acne, Marc Jacobs, Karen Walker, Chloe!!!!
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. thanks for sharing this and turning me on to her blog, it's amazing! she has great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  37. How on earth did I NOT know about her blog, she looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. the boots with the golden heels are so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your method of telling all in this article is actually fastidious,
    all be capable of simply understand it, Thanks a
    lot.

    Also visit my web blog - Sidney Crosby Black Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi, I do believe this is a great blog. I stumbledupon it
    ;) I'm going to revisit yet again since i have book marked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to help other people.

    Feel free to surf to my web site; nfl jerseys cheap

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam remarks?
    If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can
    suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any help is very much appreciated.

    Also visit my web site ... Wholesale NFL Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  42. If some one needs expert view concerning blogging then i advise him/her to pay a visit this webpage, Keep
    up the fastidious work.

    My site :: Authentic Kris Letang Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  43. you're in point of fact a good webmaster. The website loading pace is incredible. It seems that you're doing any unique trick.
    Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece. you've done a wonderful job on this topic!

    my weblog NFL Jerseys Wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  44. Do you have any video of that? I'd want to find out more details.

    Here is my website :: continue reading

    ReplyDelete
  45. Awesome article.

    Have a look at my webpage ... cheapjerseys01

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hello! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a
    captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?

    Thanks a lot!

    Also visit my web blog Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  47. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make
    your point. You clearly know what youre talking about,
    why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to
    your site when you could be giving us something enlightening
    to read?

    my web site Michael Kors

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm impressed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a blog that's
    both educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is something not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about.
    I'm very happy that I found this during my hunt for something relating to this.

    my web site: Air Max Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  49. It's wonderful that you are getting ideas from this article as well as from our argument made at this time.

    Also visit my blog post; tedxyse.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.

    I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your
    magnificent post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!


    Feel free to visit my site ... Chaussure De Foot

    ReplyDelete
  51. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular
    article! It is the little changes that will make the greatest changes.
    Thanks a lot for sharing!

    Here is my blog post - Louis Vuitton Purses

    ReplyDelete
  52. Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your post is just great and i could assume you're an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

    My site; www.Tedxyse.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your
    article seem to be running off the screen in Safari. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you
    know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem fixed
    soon. Cheers

    Also visit my page :: Cheap Louis Vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  54. When someone writes an post he/she maintains the thought
    of a user in his/her brain that how a user can know it.
    Thus that's why this piece of writing is great. Thanks!

    Have a look at my site; Nike Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  55. What's Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & assist different users like its aided me. Good job.

    Feel free to visit my website Abercrombie & Fitch

    ReplyDelete
  56. I every time used to read post in news papers but now as I am
    a user of internet thus from now I am using net for articles or reviews,
    thanks to web.

    my page :: Montre Guess

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi! I just would like to offer you a huge thumbs up for
    your great information you've got right here on this post. I'll be coming
    back to your blog for more soon.

    My web-site ... Michael Kors Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is my first time visit at here and i am actually happy
    to read all at one place.

    Look at my website; Air Max One

    ReplyDelete
  59. Awesome issues here. I am very glad to see your article.
    Thanks so much and I am having a look ahead to touch you.

    Will you kindly drop me a mail?

    Feel free to visit my page: Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  60. whoah this blog is fantastic i like studying your posts.

    Keep up the good work! You understand, many people
    are hunting around for this information, you could help them greatly.


    Here is my site; Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  61. Appreciating the hard work you put into your site and in depth
    information you present. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed information.
    Wonderful read! I've saved your site and I'm adding your
    RSS feeds to my Google account.

    my web page http://wealthwayonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

    Here is my web page ... Go Here

    ReplyDelete
  63. you are really a good webmaster. The web site loading speed is incredible.
    It sort of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed
    a excellent task in this matter!

    Feel free to visit my website: Christian Louboutin Sale

    ReplyDelete
  64. Fine way of explaining, and pleasant post to obtain
    data regarding my presentation subject matter, which i am going to convey in college.


    My web blog: Abercrombie Paris

    ReplyDelete
  65. I got this web page from my pal who shared with me about this web site and now this time I am browsing this web site and reading very informative articles at this place.


    Feel free to surf to my homepage :: Nike Blazers []

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We
    are a team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.
    You have done a marvellous job!

    Also visit my weblog; More hints ()

    ReplyDelete
  67. Can I simply just say what a comfort to uncover somebody that really knows what they're discussing over the internet. You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of your story. I was surprised you aren't
    more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.


    Feel free to surf to my web-site - Nike Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  68. Good day! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

    Here is my website; Nike Pas Cher (nysacpr.org)

    ReplyDelete
  69. Very descriptive blog, I liked that a lot. Will there be a part
    2?

    Feel free to surf to my page - Kevin Durant 5 Shoes

    ReplyDelete